By: April Joy S. Fajardo
Urdaneta City will be placed under general community quarantine (GCQ) from August 27 until September 9, 2021, to control the threat of the highly infectious Delta COVID-19 variant.
Under the GCQ restrictions include the following:
· Market day schedule will be from 6:00 AM to 6:00PM ONLY.
· Curfew from 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM.
· NO Selling of liquors during curfew hours.
· Drinking liquors will only be allowed inside the house.
· Below 15 yrs. Old and person with health risks are not allowed to go out.
· Gaming and amusement centers are not allowed to operate.
· MASS GATHERINGS ARE PROHIBITED AND HIGHLY DISCOURAGED. (parties, celebrations, seminars, meetings & conferences)
The Department of Health last August 23 already confirmed community spread of Delta variant in NCR and Calabarzon, the two most populous regions in the country.
The country’s genome center declared on Monday that the number of people confirmed to be carrying the variant rises to 1,273.
The national government have been working on improving pandemic response and communicating it efficiently to local government units for future health emergencies.
The Local Government Unit of Urdaneta urges its citizens to stay disciplined and follow health protocols and guidelines to prevent further spread of COVID-19 and keeping the Delta variant at bay, otherwise lockdown will take in place.